heard the words, 'VALLEY OF DECISION!'"
Choose You This Day!
“The Heart and Mind to Accomplish God’s Shift”
By Chuck D. Pierce
I recently awakened and heard the words, “VALLEY OF DECISION.” There is a process occurring in the earth realm that is bringing the winepress to a new place of fullness. We are at Shechem, the “place of choice,” in Church history!
This is causing us to choose God’s covenant purposes in the
earth. How the Church chooses is how the conflict of the
nations will be determined. How the Church makes this choice
will release the Lord’s inheritance in the earth for this generation.
Most of us are reflecting this place of “choice” in our personal lives.
I see you making key choices right now in relationships, positions (both
territorial as well as vocational), and ministry alignments.
I also see that the choices we are making now will release our supply for the future.
Remember, this is the defining year!
As I researched this “decision valley” in Joel 3:14, I found that this
was the Valley of Jehoshaphat. Jehoshaphat had made reforms that had
changed the course of his nation, but was now facing his greatest external
threat. Not just one enemy, but an alliance was coming against him
producing insurmountable odds for victory. His first step was to
humble himself in the midst of this great trial. Three
elements of spiritual discipline put God’s covenant people in a right position
for victory: Fasting, Prayer, and Praise. With these spiritual
dynamics working, Prophecy and Revelation could be released so that in this
valley they would emerge victorious. Their battle was one of praise and
worship. God’s battle was to dismantle and remove the enemy by
dispatching the Hosts of Heaven. I declare this same scenario over you.
Another key place of choice in the Word of God was at Shechem. In Joshua 24:14-15, at the end of Joshua’s time of leadership, he admonished the people to “put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River … Serve the Lord! And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served …or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!”
Shechem was located in the valley between Mount Ebal and Mount Gerizim.
It provided a large, natural amphitheater for a gathering of all the tribes.
In Joshua 8:30-35, we see that this place was the spiritually significant
defining place of meeting before they went in to fully possess the land.
The invincible place of Jericho had been overcome, and the mistake of Ai had
been rectified. They had utterly destroyed everything in Ai and all the
inhabitants of Ai, and the spoil of that city would be their supply to advance.
Then Joshua worshiped and renewed God’s covenant. He read all the words
of the Law, the blessings and the cursings. The people gathered in this
beautiful valley and heard this being shouted from one mountain to the other
antiphonally. They heard it perfectly; there was no confusion in their
The first step in making our choice is to stop and worship God.
Exalt Him for your key victories and thank Him for His grace even in your past mistakes. As we present ourselves to God without reserve and empty ourselves before Him, we can clearly hear without confusion the choice He has before us. Confusion is always linked with a spirit of Babylon, where the devil has authored a structure filled with deception. The Lord would bring our heart and mind to a place of peace. Peace means wholeness.
There are three generations now standing at Shechem! They are listening carefully to the choice that is before them. This day is filled with blessings or cursings!
The blood of our Savior can deliver us from the curse and cause us to enter into the eternal blessings in heavenly places (Eph. 1:3). However, we must look through the confusion of Mammon and Babylon to make the correct choice at this time. When we hear the choice of our blessing, God writes the boundaries of that choice upon our heart. The power of His Spirit allows us to move freely by grace within those boundaries.
If we will make His Presence our central theme, the voice of blessing will become louder than the voice of cursing.
If we choose blessing, then the events of the world will line up with the
choice of God’s people. When we align ourselves with the Head, the
manifestation of that choice will set the course in the earth realm. The
Lord is opening His TREASURE in heaven based upon this choice that His people
are making. Activate your will NOW and align it with God’s so that the
confusion that is occurring in the world will not cause you to shake, but will
cause you to stand steady in the midst of the war ahead. Watch the next
generation receive the benefits and results of this choice.
How long will you be halted between two opinions? Elijah was in a contest on Mount Carmel with the prophets of Baal. This was to determine who was Lord of the region. The people were double minded. Through circumstances, God was bringing them to a place of choice.
But they kept going back and forth between God’s worship and the confusion linked with Baal’s revelation in their society. God defied all human reasoning at this point. It was Elijah against the 450 - impossible odds in the natural – yet nothing was impossible with the Lord. However, the people needed to get ‘unhalted’!
To halt means to walk with a limp or become lame; to stand in doubt between two courses or paths; to display weakness or imperfection; to put things on hold; to cease marching or journeying; to discontinue or terminate a project for lack of funds. Again on Mount Carmel, worship became the turning point. Elijah built an altar in the name of the Lord and allowed the “river of God” to flow. Then the fire from heaven fell. This caused the people to see that “God, the Lord, He is God!”
In this choice, we must be willing to confront our enemies and to worship in
the midst of our enemies. We must also demonstrate God’s power in such a way
that a religious world who has only seen a form of godliness and denied the
power thereof will have no question that we must have supernatural help and
intervention at this time in history.
How to Choose To Make the Shift that God is Requiring NOW in our Lives, at the Crossroads of History, and the Blending of the Generations:
1. Develop His MIND. Don’t lean on your own understanding. You will never make the right choice with your limited knowledge. Philippians 2:5-8 says, “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus… who made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant … He humbled Himself and became obedient.” Romans 12:2 says, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
This simply means don’t let Satan’s scheme fashion you to the
thinking of the world. Also, don’t let outward appearances deceive you,
causing you to miss what God is doing. We must prove the voice of God, and
practice in everyday life what God’s will from heaven is declaring to us.
Romans 8:7 says, “The carnal mind is in enmity with God”. Declare that
the Lord will put His finger on every area of carnality in your thinking.
2. Learn to express His heart. Prophecy is expressing the mind and heart of God. Let the Lord deal with your emotions so that they do not cloud you in communicating His heartbeat. Declare that all self pity and hope deferred is being removed from you. Allow bitterness and unforgiveness to leave so that you can express what God is thinking. Don’t let inordinate affection cause you to misalign inappropriately. The heart can have weights or attachments. I declare a “free” heart over you.
3. Change your atmosphere! Speak faith!! Jesus could do very little in Nazareth because the atmosphere was so filled with unbelief. Jesus was the all-powerful God walking the earth, capable of signs and wonders. Yet the atmosphere created a barrier for intervention. Break the negative atmospheric presence around you by prophetic declarations of victory!
4. Do exploits! Optimize resources! Remember, this is a year to “optimize.” That means to see things from a positive standpoint. Daniel 11:32 says “the people who know their God shall prove themselves strong and do exploits for God!” To do exploits means to take the resources you have and create new resources or bring them into a new level of fullness. This is one of the things that God means when He says to optimize resources.
5. Watch for the “suddenlies!” We’ve heard about the suddenlies happening, but this year we will see them. If hope deferred and weariness is ruling you, you will miss it when God moves on your behalf. If fear is influencing you, you won’t understand when God starts breaking through on your behalf. The Process that you’ve been going through is moving toward a Suddenly.
6. Learn the process of going “OVER”! This is a year where we must have an “over” mentality. Overtake or be overtaken. Overthrow or be overthrown. Overturn or be overturned. Overcome or be overcome. Be sure you are being overseen. Also, define the sphere that you are overseeing!
7. Develop a Kingdom mentality. The Kingdom of God is within you. We build the Church, but we get keys to the Kingdom. Study the Kingdom. Matthew 11:12 says, “.. now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.” The Kingdom advances in victory. This occurs through violent spiritual conflict and warfare. He uses John the Baptist and Elijah to teach us to move forward. Fear not! The Church is God’s warring agent. Worship and War! The Kingdom increases. Understand the sword and the fire because they are both important in the battle ahead.
8. SHIFT! A “shift” is a change of place, position or direction. A shift also includes an exchange or replacement of one thing for another. A shift is a change of gear so you accelerate. A shift can also be an underhanded or deceitful scheme. Therefore, in our shift we must recognize that the enemy is plotting to stop it. A shift also entails a scheduled time. Shaking occurs during a shift. Think of a fault line. To shift means a change in frequency.
God is ready for us to shift.
Shift with Him! I am praying that you make this DIVINE SHIFT!
Blessings, and Glory,
Chuck D. Pierce
An Elijah List Posting